Friday, August 13, 2010

Paradise, CA

I think of every new show as an adventure. Thank goodness for the GPS because I had no idea where I was going. It seemed like I drove and drove forever out in the middle of nowhere. I was sort of worried because I never saw signs to this place. I drove through towns like Marysville and Oroville, but no signs for Paradise. I knew I was getting close according to the GPS. Finally, AFTER I made a left turn off Highway 70 like the GPS said to do did I see a sign that read Paradise, 11 miles.

The entire time I was on the road, I was annoyed about having to take instructions from a woman and asking myself, why can't they have a man's voice. I should be given that option. Right? After thinking about it some more, I certainly do NOT need or WANT a man telling me what to do or where to go. I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place. I guess I should be glad with what I have and that this devise gets me to where I want to go.

Set-up went fairly smooth. More about the quilt show tomorrow.

Dinner was at Annie's Cafe. I had their special which was clam chowder, salad, prime rib, baked potato and garlic bread. All for $11.95. The glass of wine bumped the total up another $3.00. I think I may go back there for breakfast. They have tri-tip, 2 eggs and home fries for $3.99. What a deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment